Once more we obtained excellent scores in the 22nd edition of the prestigious Chilean wine guide Descorchados 2020 published by wine writer Patricio Tapia. AUMA 2015 and Cerro Basalto Cuartel G2 2017 won in the “Best Wine of Colchagua Andes” category.
An outstanding score of 96 points was awarded to our icon wine AUMA 2015, a blend primarily of Carmenere and Cabernet Sauvignon. Our Cerro Basalto Cuartel G2 2017, a blend of Carmenere and Cabernet Franc, was also rated with 96 points. “AUMA and Cerro Basalto represent years of hard work and constant exploration of the rocky mountain slopes of Los Lingues to put the origin of our wines in the limelight, always guided by the philosophy and innovative techniques of biodynamic agriculture”, explained Cristóbal Undurraga, Technical Director at Viña Koyle.
Similarly, our Sauvignon Blanc Costa 2018 from Paredones, Colchagua Costa, reaped awards in the “Best Wine of Colchagua Costa” and “Best Wine of Sauvignon Blanc” categories with a remarkable 95 points.
Cerro Basalto 2017 —a Mediterranean blend of Mourvèdre, Garnacha, Cariñena, and Syrah also from the Los Lingues appellation— was awarded an impressive 95 points and ranked among the “Best Wines of Colchagua Andes”. The grapes used in this blend are sourced from high-density vineyards in Cerro Basalto, on the Andean foothills.
Four other of our wines excelled in the “Best Wines of Colchagua Andes” category as well: three from our Royale line—Carmenere 2017 with 94 points, Cabernet Sauvignon 2017 and Syrah 2017, both with 93 points—and Cuvée Los Lingues Cabernet Sauvignon 2017 with 92 points. This is certainly a well-earned recognition for our Cuvée Los Lingues wines launched in 2018.
This impressive number of awards adds to a long list of accolades our winery has received locally and internationally. All these awards ratify the great potential and expression of biodynamic agriculture, helping us develop wines of renowned and consistent quality over time.
Descorchados is South America’s most complete wine guide, and in its 22 years of existence it has witnessed the main changes Chilean wines have undergone: New varieties, new valleys, new styles. A revolution, to be sure.
Koyle Wine Scores in Descorchados 2020
- 96 points Koyle Auma 2015 “Best Wine of Colchagua Andes” (Shared Award)
- 96 points Koyle Cerro Basalto Cuartel G2 2017 “Best Wine of Colchagua Andes” (Shared Award)
- 95 points Koyle Costa Sauvignon Blanc 2018 “Best Wines of Colchagua Costa” and “Best Wines of Sauvignon Blanc”
- 95 points Koyle Cerro Basalto 2017 “Best Wines of Colchagua Andes”
- 94 points Koyle Royale Carmenere 2017 “Best Wines of Colchagua Andes”
- 94 points Koyle Costa Cuarzo Sauvignon Blanc 2019 “Best Wines of Colchagua Costa”
- 93 points Koyle Royale Cabernet Sauvignon 2017 “Best Wines of Colchagua Andes”
- 93 points Koyle Royale Syrah 2017 “Best Wines of Colchagua Andes”
- 92 points Koyle Cuvée Los Lingues Cabernet Sauvignon 2017 “Best Wines of Colchagua Andes”
- 91 points Koyle Royale Tempranillo 2015
- 91 points Koyle Costa Pinot Noir 2017
- 90 points Koyle Cuvée Los Lingues Carmenere 2017
- 90 points Koyle Don Cande Cinsault 2019